Corporate gift giving is an opportunity to connect with your clients, strengthen ties, and share your holiday cheer. Corporate gifts should express appreciation and be tangible tokens of gratitude with lasting shelf lives. Companies must ensure the gifts that they are giving send the right message and are valued by their recipients.
Here is our list of ten tips to ordering the best corporate gifts:
- Check Corporate Policies: Many companies and government offices will have a gift policy limiting the dollar value of a gift or prohibiting gifts. Be sure to check with your recipients to determine the limitations of gift giving so they don’t have to return the item.
- Consider Cultural Differences: If giving to an international client, be aware of gift protocols and taboos for their particular culture.
- Go for Quality: Any business gift you send reflects on the image of your company. Stay away from gifts that look cheap. Inexpensive gifts can be quality gifts.
- Use Hand Written Cards: It’s far too easy in this Hallmark age to simply send a card with your gift and signature. For a more lasting impression, add a hand written note sharing your thoughts.
- Spend on Packaging: As important as choosing the right corporate gift for your client is the packaging of the gift itself. Spend the time and money on the wrapping to reflect your value on client relationships. If you lack the talent for gift-wrapping or have no time, use the many gift-wrapping services available from retailers and shopping malls.
- Focus on the client. Regardless of the perceived opportunity, self-promotional items should not be considered for corporate gift-giving, as they do little to improve personal business relationships and may decrease the value of the gift in the recipient’s eyes.
- Make a statement. Corporate gifts should emphasize the values of the company and signify appropriate feelings of appreciation toward the recipient.
- Creativity is necessary when the budget is low. An inexpensive gift can be given an elegant touch with gift wrap, a spectacular bow, or even an unusual box or container.
- Tailor your gift to the recipient. Build a personal relationship with your customers, if at all possible, and learn what they enjoy doing in their spare time. A woodworking fanatic may like a gift certificate to a hardware store while a football fan may be enthralled with a pair of tickets to his/her favorite team’s game.
- For large-volume corporate gifts: Consider a gift that reflects your company’s spirit and brand. But be sensitive about using your company logo on all your gifts–particularly those which will be used in the home. Would you entertain with coasters or cups that had a company’s logo imprinted on them?
Discover our dedicated service & memorable selections of Corporate Gifts and souvenir ideas for corporate events. Corporate gift giving on time, as ordered, sure to delight. Contact us to start a personalized proposal or check out our online shop for gourmet hot sauces, seasonings and other Caribbean treats and Caribbean bath and body items.
Liked this article? Join the Crew and Start the Journey! Connect with Us for Corporate News, Events, Lifestyle, and all things Caribbean by joining our Newsletter – Click Here to Join or find us on Facebook or Instagram.